Our success, in numbers
The test of any business model is its effectiveness. We are proud to say that our first 30 years in business have been successful, by any measure.
- We’ve grown from 4 people to over 40,000 people and more are joining us every day.
- We’ve expanded from 1 laboratory in Nantes, France, to 400 laboratories in 44 countries across 6 continents
- We’ve steadily grown our turnover, from €6.7 million at the time of our IPO in 1997 to €2.97 billion in 2017. In 2012 we set the target to double our revenues to €2 billion in just five years. We hit this two years early and now we’re on target to achieve turnover of €4 billion by 2019.
- We’ve consistently delivered sustainable growth for our committed shareholders, who have always encouraged us to think long-term not short-term. From the 1997 IPO to October 2017, our share price multiplied 290 times, an annual average increase of 33%, Eurofins is the best performing stock in Europe, outperforming our peers and the markets and matching the very best of US tech and biotech stocks over a 20-year period.
- We now work for 9 out of 10 of the world’s leading food retailers, food producers and pharmaceutical companies.
- We’ve grown fast organically and also by acquiring 275 companies over the past 20 years – each one bringing its own unique history and bedrock of knowledge into Eurofins.
- We perform more than 400 million tests each year and offer 150,000 different tests.