French Démarche HQE certification
French HQE is an approach for promoting and certifying sustainable buildings in accordance with the HQE (Haute Qualité Environnementale) approach.
Motivation for having HQE certification of a building is to achieve higher value of a building in the balance, or better sales or better rental price with sustainability as additional argument, or to promote public perception of the company operating a HQE certified building, or to promote environment and health.
There are 15 goals ("cibles") for which the levels "high performance", "performance", or "base" can be achieved, associated with collecting points for fulfilment of HQE specifications. This relates to several environmental aspects (e.g. saving of energy and of resources, recyclability, indoor air quality and more).Three audits are foreseen during building process for supporting and then for evaluating the sustainable building characteristics.
Products and Indoor Air Quality
Regarding indoor air quality, an air quality measurement is suggested after completing the building. Use of low emitting products inside the building will help achieving additional points. Basis for that evaluation is an emissions test using ISO 16000-9, -10 and -11 standards, and performed in an accredited test lab. Existing low emission schemes are accepted as proof, such as AFSSET, AgBB, EMICODE, GUT, M1, E1 formaldehyde emission class (as defined e.g. in EN 13986, or in EN 14041, or in EN 14342). Eurofins Indoor Air Comfort product certification covers these specifications, too.
Points are granted a.o. for:
- Knowledge of VOC and formaldehyde emission level for 25%, 50% or 100% of interior surfaces (more points for more coverage).
- CMR substances are within the limits as set by the accepted low emission labels.
- TVOC emissions of all products on floor, wall and ceiling are below 1000 or below 250 µg/m³ (more points for lower emissions).
- Formaldehyde of all products on floor, wall and ceiling are below 62.5 or below 40 or below 20 or below 10 µg/m³ (more points for lower emissions).
- Class 1 and class 2 carcinogens emissions of all products on floor, wall and ceiling are below 5 or below 2.5 or below 1 µg/m³ (more points for lower emissions).
Organization and Further Reading
The Association HQE is promoting this approach. For knowing more:
- Please click here for general information (in French)
- Please click here for information on building certification (in French)
- Please click here for information regarding selection building products (in French)
- Please click here for more detailed specifications (in French)
- A comparison between LEED, BREEAM and HQE is available in French language.
Eurofins VOC related services
Eurofins offers documentation of compliance with the specifications on emissions of VOC and aldehydes by independent and ISO 17025 accredited testing, and if relevant also with external surveillance (inspections, re-testing), and certification, e.g. in combination with the Eurofins operated certification programme Indoor Air Comfort - certified products.
Eurofins operates both an accredited and notified test house and an approved ÜZ certification body. VOC emissions testing for any program or regulation can be easily combined with tests for other regulations or labels such as Belgian VOC regulation, French VOC regulations, German VOC regulations, EMICODE, German Blue Angel, Finnish M1 and US tests. Such combinations allow to save money compared with separate testing for each of these purposes.
Certification and testing services for Ü mark, CE mark and the Eurofins certification program Indoor Air Comfort - certified products can be ordered in parallel for use on different market segments - there will be significant costs saving when compared to ordering these services separately.
Contact to surveillance and testing services
- Surveillance and Certification body:
(also DIBt approved surveillance and certification body)
- Testing lab:
(also DIBt approved testing body, and accredited as well as notified testing lab)
Smedeskovvej 38, 8464 Galten, Denmark
Phone: +45 7022 4276
Contact to VOC Testing Laboratories
Please see here contact information of Eurofins VOC testing laboratories in Europe, China and Japan: