Nuts and Dried Fruit Testing by the experts
Dried fruits and nuts are produced and processed in many different countries. Recently, more and more exotic fruit-such as Goji berries-are making their way into the market.
As typical agricultural products, dried fruits and nuts contain a variety of contaminants and harmful substances. Production, processing, transport and storage may result in contamination by pesticide residues, heavy metals, mycotoxins, or pest infestation.
At the same time quality assessment, sensory analysis and the product quality class separation demand extensive experience and merchandise knowledge. Government regulations-such as the ones for pesticides, mycotoxins and SO2-require regular controls. Import controls on some contaminants and goods from certain countries are mandatory.
Our nuts and dried fruit testing services
- Aflatoxins: B1/B2, G1/G2
- Pesticides (herbicides)
- Detection of irradiation (Electron Spin Resonance,Thermoluminescence, Photostimulated Luminescence etc.)
- Measurement of radioactivity
- Detection of sulfuric acid and other preservatives
- Detection of valuating compounds and quality criteria (characteristic compounds, fat indices, impurities,insect infestation)
- Sensory evaluation with DIN-approved evaluation panel
- Nuts, kernels and processed products, e.g. flours
- Brazil nuts
- Peanuts, groundnuts
- Pecan nuts
- Composite products
- Dried fruits, e.g.
- Raisins, sultanas, currants
- Candied fruits
- Goji berries
- Exotic fruits
Parameters for nut and dried fruit testing
Eurofins offers multiple analyses for your products, including analyzing for sulphur dioxide, hydrocyanic acid, fumigants and other undesirable ingredients. We also offer analysis of residues and contaminants, verification of marketability, analysis of microorganisms, and ingredients such as the "big seven", the "big eight" and the "big four".
You can trust all of your nut and dried fruit testing to our team of experts. Our nuts and dried fruit testing facilities combine state-of-the-art laboratory equipment, the latest analytical methods and the knowledge and experience of our staff.
Please contact our experts in your country for more information about nuts and dried fruit testing.