Eurofins operates several pesticide testing laboratories within its global network in addition to the Group's Competence Centre, Eurofins Dr. Specht Laboratories in Hamburg. This laboratory has a long standing history in pesticide testing and in fact was the inventor of the multi-residue method S19 that later became the official European enforcement method.
Our Offer for pesticide testing
- Performance of pesticide residue analyses
- Recommendation of analysis scopes
- Performance of express analytics (12, 24, 48 hour-testing)
- Performance of GLP studies (in the context of pesticide's registration)
- Helpdesk regulatory framework (regulations and maximum residue limits)
- Consultancy in product safety
- Pesticide analysis for GMP studies (Ph. Eur. / USP)
- Design and technical implementation of test scopes in relation customer or product specification
- Method development and validation under GMP/GLP guidelines for customers and in accordance with ICH guidelines
- IFS audits
This Competence Center with over 130 members of staff dedicated to pesticide testing is one of the leading laboratories in this field. Their experience in many matrices - including the difficult ones like tea, spices and tobacco - enables Eurofins to apply the right analytical strategy and to offer tailored advice to help clients to protect their products and brands. Eurofins has thus been invited to participate in many standardisation committees and industrial associations. Eurofins Dr Specht Laboratories are ISO 17025 accredited, supplemented by accreditation according to GLP and GMP standards.
Quality at Eurofins goes beyond scientific excellence and correct results. Process optimisation now allows for very fast turn-around times. High investment in state-of-the-art equipment provides all the capacity needed to meet customer requirements even in high season or in urgent cases.
In 2009, Eurofins Dr. Specht Laboratories founded an independent Specht lab entity only dedicated to very fast pesticide analysis. Eurofins Dr. Specht Express has the focus on fast and high quality results - in response to the requirements of the global market.
Several of other laboratories like Eurofins Central Analytical (CAL) in New Orleans (USA), Eurofins Chemical Control in Cuneo (Italy), Eurofins Food & Agro in Lidköping (Sweden) or our Eurofins Wolverhampton (UK) laboratory equally have many years of experience in this field.
Products tested for pesticides
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Dried fruits (incl. concentrates, powders etc.)
- Fruit juices and concentrates
- Tea, Coffee, Cacao
- Beverages, Wine and spirits
- Fish & Fish products
- Meat & Meat products
- Herbs & Spices
- Dairy products
- Fats and Oils
- Soil sample, drinking-, ground- or surface water
- Sera, plasma, blood (in the context of GLP studies)