VOC specifications in ecolabels have been compared in a number of papers. Some of these are listed below.
If a report is listed here then this does not mean that Eurofins agrees with all of its content. As an example, many researchers do not realize the high importance in the market achieved by EMICODE and PRODIS/GUT because these are not run by government. But both labels have changed the adhesives market and the carpet market in large parts of Europe, leading to much lower emissions than some 10 - 20 years ago.
- ECA report # 24 (2005): Harmonisation of indoor material emissions labelling systems in the EU
- ECA report # 27 (final draft, 2010): Harmonisation framework for indoor material labelling schemes in the EU
- Marc Lor of Belgian Building Research Institute (BBRI) and
others within the Belgian project HEMICPD:
- Report Horizontal Evaluation Method for the Implementation of the Construction Products Directive
- Annex to this report
- Formal reference: Marc Lor, Kevin Vause, Karla Dinne, Eddy Goelen, Frederick Maes, Jacques Nicolas, Anne-Claude Romain, Christophe Degrave, Horizontal Evaluation Method for the Implementation of the Construction Products Directive, Final Report, Belgian Science Policy (Programme to stimulate knowledge transfer in areas of strategic importance - TAP2), Brussels, 2010, 100 p.
- Hal Levin (2010): National Programs to Assess IEQ Effects of Building Materials and Products
- A comparison between limit values of AgBB, GUT, Blue Angel and CDPH Section 01350 was made available by GUT both in English and in German.
Publications of Eurofins:
- Comparison between EMICODE - Blue Angel - AgBB/DIBt - CDPH Section 01350 (2010), available in English and in German
- VOC emissions standards in Europe and in the USA (2010), available in English
- Selection of the right low VOC label from the huge offer in the market (2010, Certech conference), available in English
- VOC emissions standards - adhesives and sealants (2010), available in English and in German
- VOC emissions standards - furniture (2010), available in English
There are ISO standards on operation of ecolabels: ISO 14021, 14024, 14025.
Contact to VOC Testing Laboratories
Please see here contact information of Eurofins VOC testing
laboratories in Europe, USA and China: