Eurofins Product Testing - ATEX ATmosphères EXplosibles
Tests on equipment and protective systems intended to be used in potentially explosive atmospheres.The European Directive 94/9/CE, ATEX, has been acknowledged in SEE starting from July the 1st, 2003 - even if published in 1994.- This Directive applies to products, as specified below, intended to be used in potentially explosive atmospheres.When the ATEX Directive came into force, previous rules and standards on the subject were abrogated. Therefore, starting from 01/07/2003, products not in conformity with the requirements of ATEX Directive are forbidden to be put into the market.
- Components, as any item essential to the safe functioning of equipment and protective systems but with no autonomous function; on these components the CE mark is forbidden, but a written attestation of conformity must be provided for each component to place it on the market;
- Protections systems, different by components, separately placed on the market, intended to halt incipient explosions;
- Safety devices, controlling devices and regulating devices intended for use outside potentially explosive atmospheres but required for or contributing to the safe functioning of equipment and protective systems with respect to the risks of explosion.
- Tests performed on the following range of product, in conformity to ATEX
- Directive:Oil immersed devices "o"
- Pressurized enclosures "p"
- Powder filling enclosures "q"
- Flameproof enclosures "d"
- Electrical devices with "n" protection mode (cat. 3)
- Intrinsic safety equipments "i" e "iD"
- Encapsulated equipments "m" e "mD"
- Tight dust enclosures "tD"
- Flow restricted enclosures "fr"
- Equipments protected by constructional safety "c"
- Equipments protected by liquid immersion "k"
- Explosion venting devices
- Flame arresters
- Electrostatic spraying guns
- Endothermic engines
- Dust explosive behaviour
- Impact and drop tests
- Tests for degrees of protection (IP)
- Temperature measurement
- Thermal endurance to heat and cold for material
- Resistance to light
- Thermal shock test
- Small components ignition tests
- Torque tests for bushings
- Earth continuity
- Surface resistance test of non metallic parts of enclosures
- Charging test and measurement of capacitance of non metallic parts of enclosures-
- Tests on cables and cable glands
- Pressure tests for "o", "p", "q" modes of protection
- Explosion test for flameproof enclosures "d", vents and flame arresters
- Spark-test apparatus for intrinsic safety devices "i"
- Comparative tracking index assessment for electronic circuits
- Tests on intrinsic safe battery pack
- Dielectric strength test for "q" and "m" modes of protection
- Electrostatic spraying guns for liquid and powder coatings (explosion and/or shunt tests)
- General test, EN 60079-0 (EN 50014) - EN 13463-1
- Flameproof enclosure "d", EN 60079-1 (EN 50018) - EN 13463-3
- Increased safety "e", EN 60079-7 (EN 50019)
- Intrinsic safety "i", EN 60079-11 (EN 50020)
- Encapsulation "m", EN 60079-18 (EN 50028)
- Pressurized apparatus "p", EN 60079-2 (EN 50016)
- Explosion venting devices (vent), EN 14491 - EN 14994 - EN 14797
- Electrical apparatus for use in the presence of combustible dust, EN 61241 (EN 50281)
- Electrostatic hand-held spraying equipment, EN 50050
- Flame arresters, EN 12874
- Spark test apparatus for intrinsically safe circuits, EN 60079-11 (EN 50020)
Talk to an ATEX expert today:
+39 011 22 22 225
or contact our national organisation in your country.