Eurofins Product Service Mark
The registered and recognized Eurofins Product Service Mark represents and markets the combination of different tests for the end customer. This is an optional service which does not suspend the single use of the other logos. It is exclusively issued by members of the Eurofins Group. The logo increases consumer confidence into the tested products fulfillment of the requirements according to relevant technical standards.
All tests and certification services offered by Eurofins can appear in every desired combination in the logo.
|EMC||Testing according the Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive 2014/30/EU|
|Radio||Generic term for Radio and wireless equipment|
|CB||Testing (CBTL) and Certification (NCB) of the safety and electromagnetic compatibility of electrical and electronic products under the IECEE CB Scheme|
|E/e||Testing of components or separate electrical/electronic technical units intended for use in vehicles according the Automotive Directive 2004/101/EC (Radio Interference - Electromagnetic Compatibility of Vehicles) to get the e-mark/E-mark|
|FCC/IC||Conformity Assessment Body (CAB) and Telecommunication Certification Body (TCB / FCB) services for the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) of the USA and Industry Canada (IC)|
|GS||Product Safety Testing and Certification according the German Equipment and Product Safety ACT (GPSG) to get the GS-mark ("Geprüfte Sicherheit")|
|GSM||Global System for Mobile Communication in frequency bands of 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz and 1900 MHz|
|3GPP||Third Generation Mobile Communication (UMTS / WCDMA)|
|LVD||Testing according the directive for the harmonization of the laws of Member States relating to electrical equipment designed for use within certain voltage limits - Low Voltage Directive (2014/35/EU)|
|RED||Directive on radio equipment and the mutual recognition of their conformity - RED (2014/53/EU)|
|SAR||Specific absorption rate (SAR) is intended to indicate the amount of radio-frequency energy absorbed into human tissue by radio transmitter devices (SAR is expressed as energy flow -power- per unit of mass in units of W/kg)|
|RoHS||Restriction of Hazardous Substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS) compliance testing services|
Testing against product safety standards
Requirements to the manufacturer:
The manufacturer must follow the Eurofins requirements, if he would like to put the logo on his product:
- All products shall be marked by the manufacturer with product name, model/type, serial number and the name of the manufacturer or institution, who wants to put the product on the market.
- The manufacturer must ensure that the Eurofins-Mark Logo is fixed on the product (incl. of all relevant markings within the logo which show the tests carried out).
- The manufacturer may only use the logo if corresponding test reports are available, which justifies the use of the logo.
- The Eurofins Mark logo shall be fixed on the product or on the product label. Additional the logo shall be fixed on each packaging and on all supporting documents (e.g. manuals) and in product-related commercials.
The obligation of the manufacturer shall be defined by contract
- The stipulated colors of the logo are blue, orange and white.
- If the Eurofins Mark should be reduced or extended for different reasons, the proportions of the individual logo parts must remain unchanged.
- The Eurofins Mark must be high at least 15 mm, unless the size of the product makes fixing impossible with this size.
- The Eurofins Mark shall have the same size as other relevant logos (e.g. CE).
Using of the Eurofins-Mark logo in test reports:
The Eurofins-Mark logo is used only in test reports and certificates with test and certification results of Eurofins Product Service GmbH.
For more information on the Eurofins Mark,
via phone: +49 33631 888 710