EU bans 6 substances
Friday, March 04, 2011
Six substances now are included in annex XIV of European Chemical Law, REACH. This means that these substances must not be used nor distributed without special permission by European Commission. If nobody applies for permission until 2013 / 2014, then these substances will be banned from year 2014 / 2015 on.
- 5-tert-butyl-2,4,6- trinitro-m-xylene (Moskusxylene)
- 4,4’-diaminodiphenylmethane (MDA)
- Hexabromocyclododecane (HBCDD)
- Bis-(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP)
- Benzylbutylphthalate (BBP)
- Dibutylphthalate (DBP)
These substances are included in a so-called corrigendum of 24 February 2011 where you can read details on application dates and phase-out dates. It can be expected that additional substances will be included in Annex XIV in future.
For further information please contact our REACH services.