Draft Lithuanian Regulation on VOC emissions
The draft regulation was notified to the EU Commission. It is named:
Draft amendment of Order No V-895 by the Minister for Health of the Republic of Lithuania of 9 December 2004 approving Lithuanian Hygiene Norm HN 105:2014 "Polymer construction products and polymer furniture materials".
The text is available in several languages. After the so-called standstill period (ending on 04/05/2015), the text is intended to be transferred into a final regulation.
The draft regulation is an interpretation of the European Construction Products Regulation regarding VOC emissions from construction products into indoor air. It is the fourth such national regulation after those in Belgium, in France and in Germany. The draft regulation will be obligatory for legal and natural persons who manufacture and supply concerned products to the market of the Lithuanian Republic.
The draft regulation contains
- Maximum emission limits for VOCs, TVOC and TSVOC after 3 days and after 28 days testing duration,
- A list containing LCI limit values.
- Please note that there are NO limits for VOCs without LCI value, different from the German regulation.
- In Lithuania, the VOCs without assigned limit value are regulated via the limit values of the total VOCs and total SVOCs.
- On top of that, there are limits for
- Heavy metals concentrations in wall coverings
- Formaldehyde emitted from floorings
- Formaldehyde emitted from wood panels manufactured using materials containing formaldehyde
- Metals concentrations in shaved material of furniture for children (EN 71-3)
The draft regulation applies to
- all polymer construction products and polymer furniture for installation indoors.
The term polymer product means here: A product having a polymer organic compound (large molecular) as a main material or a binder
- This is not limited to solid products, it also includes wet-applied products.
The draft regulation was not set into force until July 2016.
Eurofins VOC related services
Eurofins offers documentation of compliance with the specifications on emissions of VOC and aldehydes by independent and ISO 17025 accredited testing, and if relevant also with external surveillance (inspections, re-testing), and certification, e.g. in combination with the Eurofins operated certification programme Indoor Air Comfort - certified products.
Eurofins operates both an accredited and notified test house and an approved ÜZ certification body. VOC emissions testing for any program or regulation can be easily combined with tests for other regulations or labels such as Belgian VOC regulation, French VOC regulations, German VOC regulations, EMICODE, German Blue Angel, Finnish M1 and US tests. Such combinations allow to save money compared with separate testing for each of these purposes.
Certification and testing services for Ü mark, CE mark and the Eurofins certification program Indoor Air Comfort - certified products can be ordered in parallel for use on different market segments - there will be significant costs saving when compared to ordering these services separately.
Contact to surveillance and testing services
- Surveillance and Certification body:
(also DIBt approved surveillance and certification body)
- Testing lab:
(also DIBt approved testing body, and accredited as well as notified testing lab)
Smedeskovvej 38, 8464 Galten, Denmark
Phone: +45 7022 4276
Contact to VOC Testing Laboratories
Please see here contact information of Eurofins VOC testing laboratories in Europe, China and Japan: