eCommerce Big Data Analyst Intern
What will you learn?
EOL (Eurofins OnLine) is a web-based application, allowing customers to electronically manage their data and communicate with their Eurofins laboratories. It helps Eurofins to cut lab costs, be more focused on customers and deliver high quality services.
It covers, online, the following needs:
- Order registration (book samples and related tests);
- Show results (collect test results & certificates);
- Get high value reporting (provide customised key performance indicators, thanks to Eurofins expertise);
- Administer customer accounts.
To support Eurofins high growth rate and the ever growing reliance of the business on electronic interfaces with customers, EOL is undergoing significant changes to embrace Mobile and B2B through the eCommerce program.
Eurofins is producing terabytes of test-related data for its customers to make the right decision and would want to help them make the most of their data (predict quality issue before they even occurs, identify patterns...)
The purpose of this internship is to explore data available in EOL to bring out useful representations of this data.
Big data analysis
- Deep-dive in EOL database to analyse existing data;
- Emerge useful views / representations of this data;
- Bring some added values from the data views / representations;
- Specify freemium model approach as follow-up;
- Basic features to be offered based on data views / representations;
- Pay-per-features for advanced, high-added value data views / representation.
Contribution to the eCommerce Business Analysis practice:
- Structure, document functional specifications and business requirements according to current Eurofins policies;
- Work with the solution architects and development stakeholders to define and deliver a software solution aligned with business needs and conform to the eCommerce solutions (EOL, Mobile and back-office) development necessities.
What skills do you need?
- Education: Masters degree in Information Technology or Biotechnology from a TOP European university/business school with an excellent academic track record.
- Languages: Fluent in English and French.
- Personal skills:Creative, hands-on and dynamic.