With over 23,000 staff in more than 225 laboratories across 39 countries, Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in food and biopharma product testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, pharma discovery services and central laboratory services.
Its Global Service Center is located in Brussels (Auderghem), and we are looking to expand our team with a:
Summary of position and objectives:
Due to increased regulation and requests from tax authorities, the management of tax data is becoming more and more important for today’s tax departments. Needs include, amongst others, reconciling different official filings with management systems, analysing tax and accounting processes, extracting data and generating tax reports.
The purpose of this position is to support the Group Head of Tax in analysing tax accounting processes with complex reconciliation items, advising on the increased BEPS requirements as Country by Country reporting. Gradually, the Senior Tax Analyst will be involved in more complex tax management consulting projects, in corporate tax audits involving international aspects, as well as in transfer pricing and VAT.
Position and objectives:
As Tax Analyst, you will assist the Group Head of Tax in:
- The analysis of Group’s tax accounting processes, including the use of tools and system to collect data, the dealing with data extraction-related questions and generation of tax reports, with exposure to deferred tax charges in local GAAPS and IFRS. In particular the Tax Analyst will be responsible for: i.) the planning and monitoring of the Group tax effective rate, the reported tax rate, and the cash tax rate liaising with Group Accounting and National Service Centers ii.) the setting-up of quarterly reviews of the above different tax data iii.) the setting-up of reporting rules for tax provisions.
- The preparation of recommendations in relation to the increased BEPS requirements as the Country by Country reporting obligations.
- The identification of risks and problems in taxes due to existing or new legislations in order to implement change on a rapid basis.
- The dealing with several types of corporate tax and withholding tax compliance and reporting.
- The supporting function of tax audits involving cross-border tax aspects in several jurisdictions;
- The tax advisory function in several fields such as corporate reorganizations, the application of international tax treaties, transfer pricing and VAT.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Personal Skills: Rigorous and strong analytical skills, detail oriented, Team player with good communication skills, Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, Dynamic and proactive spirit.
- Initial Education Background: Master in Tax Law (University).
- Language skills and level expected: English and French (written, oral) fluent required. Dutch or German are a plus.
- Type and duration of previous experience: 4 to 6 years relevant experience in the tax department of a Big-4 (ideally in a dedicated Tax Accounting department) and/or in the industry sector.
- Technical knowledge (e.g. IT…): Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools (Excel, Powerpoint).
Please send your resume via email, mentioning the reference 2016/Tax analyst. Use the following email address:firstname.lastname@example.org