Associate Director Corporate Development (English speaking)
With over 23,000 staff in more than 225 laboratories across 39 countries, Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in food and biopharma product testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, pharma discovery services and central laboratory services.
Its Global Service Center is located in Brussels (Auderghem), and we are looking to expand our team with a:
Associate Director Corporate Development
Position and objectives
Identify, develop, manage and close a set of M&A deals fitting the business strategy and needs for a specific geographical and functional area of responsibility and following internal guidelines including:
Coordination of M&A pipeline:
- Market analysis, identification and liaising with potential future Eurofins partners;
- Prepare and manage the confidentiality agreements and gather and analyse preliminary data such as audited account, shareholding and leadership details;
- Evaluate targets based on their business and financial condition and outlook and recommend deal structure;
- Advise on the Transaction process and tactics, in particular interfacing with the potential targets, its shareholders or advisors and assist the business leaders in preparing negotiation documents required to progress a transaction towards completion including term sheets, heads of agreements, indicative offer letters or exclusivity agreements as required;
- Coordinate the due diligence and coordinate the activities of other external advisors (e.g. legal counsel, auditors) as required by the company;
- Assist negotiations and related strategy, attend meetings and give comments on sale and purchase documentation until signing/closing as required by the company;
- Validate the acquisition contracts, representations and warranties, …;
- Coordinate the closing of the deal, including financial settlements.
- Perform excellent peer reviews and support, in relation to the workload, similar activities in other lines of business/country.
Integration of the acquired companies:
- Assist in setting up reporting and quality of communication between the new Eurofins partners and the general management of Eurofins;
- Support a potential legal reorganization of some companies, fiscal and financial optimization;
- Follow-up any post-closing obligation resulting from the acquisition (earn-outs…);
- Prepare shareholder resolutions and follow-up annual account and post-closing performance.
Qualification and experience required
Education / Professional Experience
- Master degree in Business Administration, Finance or Engineering from a top university; MBA is considered a plus;
- High potential, ‘next generation’ finance leader;
- Min 5-10 years in Audit (big 4) / Consulting, M&A (industry or boutique), Investment Banking or Private Equity;
- Previous exposure and solid understanding of the M&A process (NDA, LOI, DD, SPA, PMI….);
- Excellent interpersonal, communication & team leadership skills;
- Outstanding technical / conceptual understanding of finance & valuations
- Perfect level of English;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools (Excel, Powerpoint).
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, good strategic thinking and business acumen;
- High energy level, drive and a passion to succeed; eager to learn and to grow;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including listening and very good communication skills (verbal and written);
- Self-starter, ownership and natural leadership & drive to get things done;
- Pragmatic and "roll up sleeves" mentality, can do attitude, Result driven, strong work ethics;
- Courage and self-confidence to take initiatives; autonomy;
- Ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds;
- Thinking big picture, yet understanding details;
- Cordial but firm, non-emotional;
- Comfortable to work in a very dynamic, fast growing environment and an entrepreneurial, de-central organizations.
- Potential to lead people (actual experience is a nice to have but not a must).
Please send your resume via email, mentioning the reference 2016/Associate Director Corporate Development (English speaking) to: email@example.com