International Business Analyst
With EUR 2.54 billion in annual revenues and over 27,000 employees in around 310 sites in 39 countries, Eurofins Scientific is a leading international group of laboratories providing a unique range of analytical testing services to the pharmaceutical, food, environmental and consumer products industries and to governments.
International Business Analyst
SUMMARY OF ROLE AND OBJECTIVES:
Eurofins is developing eLIMS-NG (Eurofins Laboratory Information Management System, the Next Generation), a comprehensive and integrated suite of tools and applications to support testing business in our laboratories worldwide.
The main objective of this position is to join the eLIMS-NG business project team and to participate in the specification of eLIMS-NG to the development teams in Luxemburg and Bangalore.
ROLE & OBJECTIVES:
- Act as a functional expert to collect, challenge and agree on business needs
- Translate business requirements into user requirements and give detailed judgement on business complexity to promote simplification
- Detail user requirements into user stories (work items for Development team) with the appropriate set of artefacts
- For business requirements that span multiple Eurofins applications, support the Project Manager to evaluate impact of requested change and break down business requirements into well-defined user requirements
- Model, document and agree on business processes in close interaction with Business Process Experts (BPE’s) of the pilot labs in Hamburg, Barneveld, Wesseling, Colmar and Nantes
- Be responsible for the communication and cooperation between business ,IT-departments and other involved project teams
- Develop working relationships within the wider Eurofins IT community and with selected Eurofins user groups
- Write and maintain best practice documentation and train key users
- Willingness to travel between Wesseling and Luxemburg and work on both locations
- Ensure level 1 and 2 support during transition life cycle (deployment) and level 3 support during operational life cycle
- Audit and review use of the new systems to ensure implementation of best practices processes
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Affinity to and good understanding of IT-systems
- Experience in analysing, describing and challenging processes and workflows
- Science, Business or IT based university degree or similar educational background
- Very good English language skills spelling/writing, German and French would be also be advantageous
- Efficient time management and high quality attitude
- Very good team and communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Experience in laboratory automation and or reporting technology
- Experience in service orientated software architecture
Optional : experience in agile development methods (Scrum)
Optional: experience in User Interface Design and knowledge of BPMN and UML
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographic mobility).