IT Infrastructure Technical Director
With over 25,000 staff in more than 250 laboratories across 39 countries, Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in food and biopharma product testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, pharma discovery services and central laboratory services.
Our Vision :
To be the World Leader in the Bioanalytical Testing Market.
Our Mission :
To contribute to global health and safety by providing our customers with high quality laboratory and advisory services whilst creating opportunities for our employees and generating sustainable shareholder value.
Our Values :
Customer focus, Quality, Integrity,Competence & Team Spirit.
Our Global Service Center (GSC) is located in Luxembourg and we are looking to expand our team with a:
We are looking for a project delivery focused Infrastructure Architect to design and lead complex systems and network implementations required to support corporate operations. The individual will be responsible for researching and championing new relevant technologies, developing technical standards and creating / presenting technology roadmaps. This is a hands-on role that requires frequent travels to establish close collaboration with the operations/infrastructure/project teams.
- Establish and publish infrastructure architecture strategies, choices, and standards including the management of the performance, availability, capacity, compliance, and responsiveness of the delivered services.
- Responsible for researching, cost-justifying, recommending, and establishing current and future hardware architectures for all aspects of the company.
- Ensure that the performance, scalability, and security are optimized during the design of the infrastructure.
- Lead and track infra technical obsolescence, refresh and decommission.
- Contribute the end-to-end processes on global IT infrastructure equipment procurement recommendations.
- Participate in the design review process and support the overall Enterprise Architecture Management process.
- Identify, document and promote best practices for infrastructure architecture and lead continuous improvement initiatives to drive higher efficiency and performance of datacenter services.
- Liaise within the corporate Enterprise Architecture Office for standardization of best practices, editing of infrastructure guidelines and design of reusable components.
- M.Sc. or equivalent in Information Technology or comparable field
- English (fluent) required.
- 5-10 years of experience in infrastructure architecture design and support.
- Technically solid in corporate and enterprise scale of network / infrastructure implementation.
- Systems Thinking - the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking)
- Proven experience of acting as the expert in infrastructure/operations/project teams.
- Excellent communication with technical leaders
- Capable to establish trust based on outstanding technical expertise
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Detail oriented
- Ability to travel 25% of his/her time
- English spoken and written
- Practical and hands-on experience in infrastructure areas including Microsoft Windows Server Platforms, UNIX/Linux Operating Systems, virtualization platforms including VMware, Cloud Computing (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS), data replication technologies, event monitoring and configuration management tools.
- Experience in solution design principles, practices, system development methodologies, and software life cycles with experience in a combination of system and application architectures.
- Experience coordinating vendor solution delivery and partnering effectively with vendors to meet business needs.
- Good all-round understanding of server and storage management, virtualization, networking, systems management.
What we offer:
- Challenges within a multi-cultural and cross-regional team as part of the international and fast growing Eurofins organization
- A dynamic working environment with a good team spirit where personal development and growth are encourage
- In a fast growing group, successful team members are being offered increased areas of responsibility
- Extensive on-the-job coaching
- An attractive salary package with extra-legal benefits
Please send your resume via email, mentioning the reference 2015/and the position title to firstname.lastname@example.org