With EUR 1.95 billion in annual revenues and over 27,000 employees across over 310 sites in 39 countries, Eurofins Scientific is a leading international group of laboratories providing a unique range of analytical testing services to the pharmaceutical, food, environmental and consumer products industries and to governments.
For one of the headquarters, located in Luxembourg, we are looking to expand our team with a:
OVERALL OBJECTIVES / JOB CONTENT
Eurofins has started a company-wide IT program which objective it to redesign and redeveloped several core applications, based on state-of-the-art technical architecture. The Enterprise Architecture Office (EAO) team drives, plans and facilitate IS/IT strategic change to better sustain and enable business development.
The candidate is expected to:
- Lead Functional Architecture development by analysing, clarifying, consolidating and developing transversal functional business requirements produced by Business Analysts of related programs/projects.
- Analyse cross project/program requirements/issues to align team/project ownership for functional requirements.
- Assist Program/Project Manager in establishing Program Architecture blueprint by assessing functional impacts; develop application strategy and program roadmap aligned with Program priorities and business transformation objectives.
- Lead Functional Analysis (fit gap analysis); conducting trade-off studies with relevant other Architects (Solution/SOA/SW/Infrastructure/Security Architects) in order to select the most suitable functional architecture according to the defined criteria (cost, performances, extensibility, system resilience …).
- Support Test strategy, Integration and release management by providing detailed analysis on project functional dependencies and suggest Application Environment requirements able to support relevant test, integration and release management strategy.
- Contribute to the definition of the architectural vision for existing IT programs using Modelling technique.
- Project architecture: define and advertise the functional / applicative architecture for the related IT development teams.
- Link this architecture with Security, Infrastructure and Technical stakeholders.
- Alignment of projects within the program with IT strategy and planning with company's business goals;
- Optimization of information management through an understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities;
- Ensure that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and business and IT strategies;
- Work with solution architects to provide a consensus based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and meeting business needs;
- Interlock with IT security to manage the risk of information and IT assets through appropriate standards and security policies;
- Be involved in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within the enterprise.
- Ensure follow-up to his manager on a regular basis and as often as requested;
- Develop appropriate working relations with IT and non-IT target groups in Eurofins;
- Assist and guide the Business Analyst to design the UML diagrams describing all the concepts, their behavior and relationship;
- Derive a domain model from this UML diagrams and the Business Process Description, which should help componentize the system while keeping the system entropy minimal (as few interfaces as possible, loosely coupled) while keeping it flexible and granular enough;
- Set the direction for the integration of the different application components forming the application suite;
- Master all the flows of information across the application components in scope.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent in IT. Software Development curriculum is desired.
Demonstrable Experience as Functional Architect for a major IT program involving multiple development teams and applications (custom development), or equivalent.
+7 years of experience at Enterprise/Functional architecture level or equivalent. Typically, knowledge of at least three relevant enterprise functional domains (eg.: CRM, ERP[Order2Cach],Finance, ...). Specific functional expertise in LIMS, Pharma and/or biotech business model knowledge is a plus.
Enterprise Architecture frameworks knowledge (i.e., TOGAF, Zachman etc.)
Experience working with distributed teams or offshore teams is required.
Knowledge of UML and associated techniques required.
Knowledge/expertise in one or more of the following domains is a plus: SOA Architecture style and principles, Domain-driven design, REST, advanced knowledge of different architecture/design techniques (i.e., OO, Top-down, structured analysis, component-based design), Agile software development practices.
- Excellent communication with leaders; capability to fulfill the role of trusted advisor.
Ability to motivate and influence others, specifically ability to influence architecture, technology and design decisions for larger scale applications for both present and future state architecture.
Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills (concise writing and orally convincing).
- Strong analytical and organisational skills; detail oriented.
- Strong collaboration, partnership development, and relationship building skills.
Ability to manage multiple projects / tasks concurrently and drive them to completion.
Ability to work effectively under pressure, identify ambiguity and drive for clarity.
Ability to work in a complex international environment.
Adaptability – Capable of adapting quickly to a complex distributed organization.
- Initiative and independence - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Ability to travel 20% of his/her time within the EU
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographical mobility).