Group Real Estate Controller
With over 23,000 staff in more than 225 laboratories across 39 countries, Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in food and biopharma product testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, pharma discovery services and central laboratory services.
Its Global Service Center is located in Brussels (Auderghem), and we are looking to expand our team with a:
Group Real Estate Controller
Summary of position and objectives:
The Group Real Estate Controller will be responsible for the following activities related to Real Estate owned by Eurofins Legal Entities and/or leased from 3rd parties:
- Group Sites databases maintenance and follow-up;
- Rental agreement review;
- Building costs analysis and controlling;
- Eurofins Real Estate Companies (RECOs) follow-up;
- Real Estate Capex analysis and follow-up.
Position and objectives:
Group Sites databases maintenance and follow-up:
- Real estate databases and reporting tools management, from development of new tools to regular maintenance;
- Continuous management of the information: from the creation of new Sites to the update of existing Sites information (lease agreement contractual terms, financial information, adminitrstaive information);
- Responsible for the accuracy of the data;
- Synthetic dashboards preparation.
Rental agreement review:
- Giving support to the operational teams in the review of new lease agreements (or renewals) terms and conditions;
- Follow-up of the renewal and exit clauses, in particular the anticipation of such deadlines.
Building costs analysis and controlling:
- Controlling of real estate charges (mainly related to rental agreements and building costs) versus contractual terms and conditions;
- Preparation and maintenance of detailed group dashboards on running costs in order to develop benchmarking across the Group and generate savings with support of Group Purchasing;
- Update of best practices to help operational Eurofins Legal Entities optimizing their costs.
Eurofins Real Estate Companies (RECOs) follow-up:
- Help setting up new RECOs;
- Checking twice a year the correct applications of agreed terms and conditions;
- Updating twice a year the situation of those companies;
- Monitoring of the financial performance, including controlling of revenues and costs, of all those RECOs.
Real Estate Capex analysis and follow-up:
- Analysis of the quarterly real estate Capex reporting (Land, building improvements and leasehold improvements) and rationalization of deviances vs. Budget and Real estate projects list information.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Strong appetite and knowledge for excel and database/Business Intelligence tool;
- Very accurate, highly reliable and eye for detail;
- Ability to work in an autonomous manner in a fast changing organization;
- Pragmatic, proactive, flexible and adaptable;
- Process oriented;
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills;
- Team player enjoying working in a small team.
Education: Master Degree in Finance/Engineering or equivalent.
Language skills: Fluent in English (written and spoken), Any additional European language is an asset.
Previous experience:Preferably 2-3 years of experience in finance (audit and controlling), First experience in real estate/property management is a plus.
Please send your resume via email, mentioning the reference 2016/group real estate controller. Use the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.