Global Risk and Insurance Manager
With EUR 2.54 billion in annual revenues and over 28,000 employees across over 310 sites in 39 countries, Eurofins Scientific is a leading international group of laboratories providing a unique range of analytical testing services to the pharmaceutical, food, environmental and consumer products industries and to governments.
Its Group Service Center is located in Brussels (Auderghem), and we are looking to expand our team with a:
GLOBAL RISK AND INSURANCE MANAGER
- Lead the Global Risk & Insurance management framework, which allows for objective evaluation of whether or not insurance (or other risk financing techniques) should be used to cover those operational risks that are insurable.
- Manage, (re)negotiate and update all global master insurance policies and oversee the placement and implementation of all local insurance policies (integrated and pure local policies), including (but not limited to):
o Property, Casualty & Business Interruption
o General Liability
o Professional Liability
o Directors & Officers Liability
o Environmental Liability
o Executive risks
- Prepare the allocation of all global insurance premiums over the Eurofins legal entities and collaborate with group accounting for the invoicing process
- Evaluate adequacy of limits and appropriateness of retentions / deductibles. Research and recommend the most cost-effective plans to transfer risk.
- Single Point of Contact within the Eurofins group for insurance related queries and with all other (external) insurance providers and (global) brokers, as well as coordination between global and local brokers
- Coordinate – with the help of brokers - the annual review and compliance of all companies against all Eurofins mandatory policy requirements
- Own and coordinate the claims handling process of all global (master insurance) policies, including setting up a reporting process that provides oversight of existing claims at Group level
- Ownership (which includes an annual updated) of the risk and insurance management Key Group Document (KGD), that outlines the global policies and procedures of risk and insurance management within the Group.
- Collect and benchmark information about insurance policies subscribed within the Group against industry peers
- Provide support to National Service Centers (NSC) with respect to local risk and insurance management programs and claims handling processes. Provide support to NSC’s/ Finance Directors and liaise with corporate insurance brokers/ companies in the event of claims
- Stay abreast of changes in the business that may impact risk management such that we can proactively manage the exposure. Support, educate, and assist the business units with the programs and initiatives to reduce total cost of insurance.
- Advise and educate local management on insurance coverage, markets, resources and best practices for risk mitigation.
- Maintain current understanding of industry best practices as applicable to Eurofins.
- Prepare Risk Management reports and presentations to various senior committees.
Qualification and experience required
Education / Professional Experience
- Business (master) Degree in Law, Finance or Engineering achieved with distinction at top University or Business School
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a corporate risk and insurance management function or at an insurance broker, with responsibilities commensurate with this position
- Experience in purchasing a full range of insurance coverage commensurate with risk exposures of a major production or services organization preferred.
- Knowledge on Belgium Employee Benefits schemes
- Demonstrated effective negotiation skills in securing significant insurance contracts.
- Strong quantitative and/or actuarial skills preferred. Candidate at a minimum should have the ability to review and evaluate quantitative analysis of insurable risks as performed by team and/or third parties.
- Technical knowledge (e.g. IT…) : Excellent knowledge of MS Office tool
- Management capabilities : Project Management Skills
- Excellent communication skills: English (written, oral) fluent required, one further additional language (preferably French or German) necessary
- Rigorous and strong analytical skills
- Ownership and natural drive to get things done
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work in international environment
- Dynamic and ambitious personality with entrepreneurial spirit