PPS (Professional Scientific Services) Director Continental Europe
With over 23,000 staff in more than 225 laboratories across 39 countries, Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in food and biopharma product testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, pharma discovery services and central laboratory services.
Its Global Service Center is located in Brussels (Auderghem), and we are looking to expand our team with a:
PSS (Professional Scientific Services) Director Continental Europe
Summary of position and objectives:
Eurofins BPT is the largest harmonized GMP global network of laboratories. One way in which BPT provides laboratory services is through Professional Scientific Services (PSS). Eurofins BPT PSS is the leader in the Biopharmaceutical industry for laboratory insourcing solutions. An award-winning model, being recognized now 9 times in the last 8 years, PSS currently has approximately 1300 Eurofins PSS employees managing and running laboratories in client environments. PSS is currently able to provide services in the US, Canada, Ireland, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, and Scandinavia. This position is responsible for Continental Europe. The PSS Director’s main objective is to significantly grow PSS in Continental Europe and ensure the legal entity and PSS infrastructure is in place and compliance with PSS global processes and initiatives.
Position and objectives:
The PSS Director of Continental Europe will manage the Eurofins Professional Scientific Services business in Continental Europe by establishing, expanding, and ensuring the PSS legal entity and infrastructure are in place and compliant with PSS global processes and initiatives.
This role is a dynamic position requiring high strategy, collaboration, influencing, and organizational skills working with Continental Europe laboratory country managing directors to facilitate the growth of PSS. Position is responsible to setting up and managing business development strategy in each country in collaboration with country BD teams and Key Account Managers to meet aggressive growth targets. Position is also required to set-up, improve, and ensure all PSS systems and initiatives such as PSS recruiting, onboarding, quality, safety, and technical training, performance management, reward and recognition, and leadership development is in place and compliant with PSS global processes and initiatives. PSS Director will receive training and support from US to learn systems and receive support in understanding how to implement systems.
PSS Director will indirectly manage PSS country leadership in collaboration with country managing directors to ensure these initiatives are met. Position is a dynamic combination of growth strategy and operational excellence. P/L accountability rests with the PSS Director and each country managing director. Annual growth targets will be agreed upon and set and the PSS Director will drive results in each country in collaboration with managing director BD and PSS leadership resource.
PSS Director is responsible to ensure all PSS legal entities are compliant with commercial and employment country laws, and will be responsible for driving new legal entity infrastructure for PSS in expanding countries.
The Vision for PSS is improving and saving lives. We do this through our core values of Superlative Client Service, Quality/Integrity, Teamwork, and Productivity – operational excellence. The PSS Director will ensure that we recruit efficiently, retain, and motivate PSS employees and leaders to best serve our clients.
Create HR best practices and lead staff to deliver high quality, productivity, teamwork, and superlative service. Establish and measure metrics to ensure projects are exceeding client expectations.
- Strategize and collaborate with business development in GMP laboratories to grow business in continental Europe organically to annual revenue and EBITA targets. PSS Director will ensure pricing is established in each country to achieve these objectives.
- Set up, improve, and manage all PSS processes and initiatives to ensure PSS global compliance. This includes recruiting, training, performance management, onboarding, quality, technical, safety, and leadership training, employee engagement initiatives including reward and recognition, and metrics to demonstrate value and drive performance.
- Manage client projects by establishing agreed upon metrics, proactively service and deliver client satisfaction, and proactively communicate our service results.
- Help lead the implementation of TALEO, the applicant tracking system used in the US to ensure effective recruiting in Continental Europe. Create recruiting strategies penetrate local countries markets and minimize recruiting expense Internet and networking and TALEO, that measures a 30 day turn around time average from request to offer.
- Design and incorporate into GMP laboratories technical training. Facilitate technical and core business training including GMP, Documentation, quality, ethics, safety, technical, and leadership skills emulating the PSS process in the US.
- Create HR best practices and policies that foster teamwork, morale, engagement, and rewards and recognizes employee results. Ensure implementation and effective utilization of PSS global initiatives.
- Lead technical site leadership and teams to ensure we are exceeding client expectations and retaining and engaging the workforce.
- Establish marketing and business strategy in collaboration with GMP site leadership. Identify market sectors in which Eurofins can be successful and lead delivery.
- Collaborate with GMP site leadership to develop and manage the pricing models to ensure we maximize profit.
- Optimize use of promotion approaches, telesales, direct and web marketing to delivery rapid growth.
- Manage external relationships and accreditations required to support business plan.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Personality: high energy, drive and a passion to win, numerate with business acumen and at the same time demonstrate empathy for others and strong interpersonal skills.
- Type and duration of previous experience: Approximately 10 years of professional experience. At least 3 years of these with full responsibility for P&L (of a business with at least 50 staff and sales > 5 M€ / year) and proven financial success, preferably in the business services sector or in a small / mid-size company operating in a very competitive / low margin sector.
- Languages: Fluent English is required. Knowledge of another large European language (i.e. French or German) is an asset but not a requirement.
- Educational Background: Academic education (at least university Masters levels) with very good grades is required.
Please send your resume via email, mentioning the reference 2016/PSS Director Continental Europe. Use the following email address:email@example.com